The OS-2BOSE is a plug and play interface that allows replacement of a
General Motors Class II (Class 2) factory stereo and maintain operation of the
OnStarŽ system for select 2000 & Up GM vehicles. The OS-2 has on board switching
to allow audio from the OnStarŽ system to play through the two front factory
speakers when OnStarŽ is active, and mute the new aftermarket replacement radio.
Certain vehicles may require PAC's optional CM1 chime module to retain the door
chimes. Separate speakers can be added if desired. Also retains Vehicle Parking
Assist chimes. Use the OS-2BOSE on Bose-equipped systems. For GM vehicles
without Bose Systems, see the OS-2
For GM vehicles with BoseŽ Systems. Use the OS-2 on non-Bose systems or in
Bose systems where the BoseŽ amplifier will be disconnected.
- You may use this interface even if the vehicle does not have OnStarŽ but
need to interface the BOSE amplifier
- The OS-2BoseŽ does not retain the factory XM receiver, rear seat DVD or
the rear center console controls. You will lose the XM/DVD and rear console
option when the factory radio is replaced with an aftermarket radio
- If you are not retaining the Bose amplifier, use the OS-2 interface
instead of OS-2BOSE interface. CM1 is also required if Bose amp is bypassed.
- If you take your vehicle to the GM dealer to have it upgraded with a new
software update, please remove this product prior to going to the GM Dealer.
The reason is that the product does not go into offline mode which will show
as an error to the scan tool the dealer uses.
- To retain warning chimes on certain vehicles, the PAC CM1 must be used
- Works with both Premium BoseŽ and Standard BoseŽ sound systems.
- Safe & Sound Class 2 circuitry will not disable vehicle data bus even if
interface loses power
- When OnStarŽ is active, the OS-2BOSE will keep OnStarŽ on even when the
key is removed and the door is opened. OnStarŽ will turn off when the call is
- OnStarŽ active LED and Ignition on LED for visual indication
- Provides +12v switched accessory output. No more searching for switched
+12v in fuse box or kickpanel.
- Smart Sense Mute output to either mute the aftermarket radio or to turn it
off when OnStarŽ is active.
- New radio will operate with the vehicle RAP (Retained Accessory Power)
system. The radio stays on after the key is turned off and stays on for
approximately 10 minutes or until a door is opened.
- OnStarŽ audio is amplified using the factory amplifier
- OnStarŽ Volume control via factory steering wheel audio controls on
Premium BoseŽ vehicles. Radio controls can be retained to control new radio by
using PAC's SWI-X (sold separately)
- The OS-2BOSE uses a Data Link Controller chip (DLC) that is specifically
designed for connecting to GM's Class 2 data bus
- The OS-2BOSE will not interfere with the vehicle's BCM, PCM, ABS, or SRS
- Maintains operation of OnStar for aftermarket stereos
- 12 volt remote out to turn on factory amplifier and mute wire to attenuate
the aftermarket stereo
- Plug & Play (no cutting or splicing the factory plug or harness)
- Can use with existing speakers in front doors or use external/separate
- Independent left and right controls that adjust the level of audio coming
from the OnStar system
NOTE: If you do not see your vehicle listed below, call PAC
Technical Support at (800) 854-3133 to find out which PAC product is right
for your vehicle.
Compatibility List: Works with both Premium BoseŽ and Standard BoseŽ
2003-2005 Escalade EXT*
2003-2005 Escalade ESV*
2002-2005 Envoy SLT*
2003-2005 Sierra Denali*
2003-2005 Yukon Denali*
2003-2005 Yukon SLT
2003 Hummer H2*
2004-2005 Hummer H2
2005 Corvette w/o Nav
* this vehicles have a premium bose system that accepts 2 channel audio
inputs. The aftermarket radio will NOT fade, however, it will still continue to
balance. Onstar volume can be controlled via the steering wheel controls. The
CM1 chime module is not required when using the BOSE amplifier. If you are NOT
utilizing the BOSE amplifier then the CM1 is required for this application.